AN ITAR COMPLIANT ORGANIZATION
QR Code Link to This Post
An Industry leader in manufacturing of electronic assembly tooling is currently seeking a Water Jet Operator/Sawyer. Qualified candidate must possess skills necessary to function in a quick turn, high speed machine shop. Be able to cut material to specific sizes according to production needs. Must be able to follow priorities and work well without a lot of direction.
Qualified candidates can apply directly on the company’s website at https://ascenteceng.com/careers/
-Must be a US Citizen or full-time US Resident per ITAR compliance.
-No work Visa Sponsorship per ITAR compliance.
Job Responsibilities: Included, but not limited to:
• Create 2D geometry, using Intelli-MAX Layout software to cut material on OMAX Water Jet
• Utilize forklift to pull down material from racks
• Record material pulled and used daily; responsible for inventory management of area
• Preventative maintenance for Water Jet and saws
• Manage proper flow of material to remain on production schedule, including priorities as set by team leadership
• Overtime is available on occasion, including weekends, and could be required
Job Qualification/Experience & Technical Skills
• Must have 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of cutting equipment (band saw, horizontal saw & hand saws)
• Basic knowledge of math and ability to use a calculator
• Knowledge of material types (6061, Mic 6, 1018 steel, A2 steel) preferred
• Inventory management
• Use of Microsoft Office tools
• Self-Starter/Self-Motivated/Detail oriented
• Reliable and dependable
• Enjoys a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
• Quality Oriented- “do it right the first time”
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to problem solve
• Standing, reaching, bending down & over, squeezing, and lifting throughout an 8 hr/shift.
• Noise level in production is low to moderate, although using an air nozzle and the Water Jet cutting noise can be high pitched for a few seconds
• Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• 401k match
• Paid Holidays & Vacations
• Flexible paid time off- PTO
Swing M-F: 2am - 10:30 pm
Applicant must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check prior to employment- no theft, or criminal convictions against person(s) the past 7 years.