Jazz spectrum = Standards to soul, R&B and funk, and back again.
We are currently a trio (bass, drums, and horns/winds) looking to improve and expand our sound. Our plan is to create a smooth, tight group that can play gigs as we build our book and our lineup. Vocals are a plus but are not required. Proficient musicians with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Things we like
* Proficiency on more than just piano (organ, synth, etc.)
* Strong rhythm guitar skills with an ear for voicings that work
* Commitment to gigging at least 2-3 times a month
* Good jazz, blues, soul, and funk chops & feel
* A wide comfort zone for styles, audiences, and venues
* Professionalism - This is a working band trying to work more
* Creativity, bringing your own sound to enhance the band in both playing covers and creating originals
Things we don't like
* Flakes and/or burnouts
* Non-team players
We rehearse once a week, possibly more to help get up to speed if schedules will permit. Rehearsal space is in Aloha.
If you are hired, you will be expected to help build our brand by spreading the word, contributing content to our blog/website & social media, and generally helping drum up business wherever possible. We have a music director and a manager, so you would be helping where & how you're able to.
We have played gigs and are booking more in PDX, down the valley, on the coast, and along the gorge. Everything from wineries to clubs to private events of all types, casual to black tie affairs. Flexibility is our #1 priority and covers the music we play as well as how we present our act.
Samples can be heard at https://www.purpleherons.com/wp/jobs/
Thanks for reading!
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers