compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience. Bonus eligibility is determined annually. employment type: full-time internship
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you have a passion for tennis? Do you want to work at an innovative, entrepreneurial, non-profit organization? Are you motivated to give back to communities and to provide programs and services that positively impact youth, teens, adults, and multi-generational families? USTA PNW is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help drive our mission on and off the court. This position reports to the Manager of Marketing Operations & Communications.
Established in 1904, the United States Tennis Association Pacific Northwest (USTA PNW) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization working to promote and develop the growth of tennis by providing access for all. As one of the 17 sections of the USTA, the national governing body of the sport of tennis, USTA PNW serves over 25,000 individual adult and junior members, 200+ tennis facilities, and provides low-cost RecTennis afterschool and summer programs to 40,000 participants. USTA PNW has cultivated over 300 community partnerships including schools, public parks, recreation and shared spaces across four states.
To expand accessible play opportunities and to continue to ensure cost is not a barrier to entry, USTA PNW also manages and operates indoor tennis facilities. Vancouver Tennis Center, a 9 indoor and 4 outdoor court facility, and Galbraith Tennis Center, a six indoor court facility, provide an industry-best experience and give back to the surrounding community all at an affordable cost. Learn more atwww.ustapnw.org.
The Marketing Coordinator for Facilities and Fundraising will work closely with our PNW Tennis Centers Operational staff as well as our Director of Development & Fundraising to partner in delivering marketing and outreach programs that drive awareness and growth while underscoring the USTA PNW Mission and Blueprint.
The Marketing Coordinator for Facilities and Fundraising will serve as a key member of the USTA PNW’s marketing team, helping to grow the game of tennis by coordinating integrated marketing campaigns that deliver against defined strategic goals and initiatives.
Perform duties including, but not limited to:
▪ Focus on communicating and educating the consumer on the benefits and value of membership, programming and lessons as well as to drive general awareness and traffic for PNW Tennis Centers.
▪ Position the PNW Tennis Centers and USTA PNW Development and Fundraising to expand the mission-driven impact while holding to business models to ensure sustainability and efficiency.
▪ Coordinate execution of USTA PNW’s annual Strategic Marketing Plan at the tactical implementation level to meet the goals and objectives of multiple programs delivered through different channels and partners in different regions, including print, digital, social, catalogue listings, promotions, outreach, sponsorships and events.
▪ Coordinate the development and execution of all marketing communications initiatives – including partner and program launch support, print and digital campaigns, interfacing with social media, PR and website content.
▪ Streamline the experience of consumers from attraction/awareness, to point-of-sale, to conversion.
▪ Focus on ROI, metrics, increased participation registration and overall brand awareness across PNW Tennis Centers and USTA PNW Brands.
▪ Fulfill print media, advertisements, cross-promotional events, as well as maintain email lists.
▪ Assist with development, design and editing of facility fliers, collateral, materials and other items.
▪ Develop schedules to deliver successfully against goals and objectives.
▪ Manage all social media profiles, content and content calendar in collaboration with Facilities Operations and Development staff. Including responding to comments/messages from social media sites.
▪ Actively understand and leverage USTA National programs, PNW Tennis Center programs and USTA PNW section promotions and resources where appropriate.
▪ Help plan and execute multiple events to increase localized awareness of PNW Tennis Centers and USTA/PNW fundraising and charitable efforts.
▪ Collaborate with event-specific partners, contractors, PNW Tennis Center staff and USTA PNW employees as needed.
▪ Work in tandem with the RecTennis & USTA Products Marketing Coordinator.
▪ Assist with internal and external marketing of facility and fundraising events.
▪ Manage member and donor communication via email and email list.
▪ Manage all website updates for pnwtenniscenters.com and give.ustapnw.org, including:
- New program content
- Seasonal content
- Staffing and job postings
- Working with website developer to troubleshoot issues or request updates
- Photo galleries from events
- Writing and managing content including blog posts, facility news and updates
▪ General administrative support as needed.
ON-COURT VS. OFF-COURT (ADMIN)
▪ 0% On-Court
▪ 100% Off-Court
▪ Subject to change with business needs.
Works primarily and directly with Manager of Marketing Operations & Communications, as well as other Marketing Team Members. Interfaces as needed with USTA PNW Tennis Center Staff, Director of Development and Fundraising and other USTA PNW Section staff.
Maintains high quality customer service with vendors, customers, and the public – especially as it realtes to social media.
Travel within the Section coverage map may be required to promote USTA PNW Tennis Centers and general USTA PNW Products and Services. Site visits to facilities in Vancouver and Tacoma Washington will be necessary on a monthly basis. Mileage reimbursement will be provided.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
When reviewing this position during the year, the following will serve as performance indicators:
▪ Pre and Post Season/Program Reviews performed by Supervisor. (if applicable)
▪ Achievement of specific objectives for areas of responsibility.
▪ Evidence of high quality customer service.
▪ Evidence of performance of major duties.
▪ Evidence of performance as a productive team member.
▪ Evidence of effective internal and external relationships.
▪ Evidence of delivering the USTA PNW mission.
▪ Project Implementation/Management: execute and prioritize multiple projects to meet aggressive deadlines supporting multiple brands and partners across community and league.
▪ Creative Execution: direct internal and external creative resources on the execution of Branded marketing materials, which includes influencing the development of copy and content to be consistent with Brand guidelines.
▪ Social Media: Experience with proven results of managing and growing social media channels, including producing and managing content and response management.
▪ Budget Tracking: administer and track the marketing communications budget.
▪ Team Player: work closely with USTA PNW teams to develop and execute integrated marketing programs designed to support initiatives.
▪ Experience in developing and executing against a full marketing mix.
▪ Experience creating and managing Email marketing campaigns.
▪ Assist in creating, implementing, tracking, analyzing and optimizing paid search campaigns. Actively test and analyze keywords, copy and landing pages to increase ROI and drive incremental volume.
▪ Very strong oral and written communication skills.
▪ Experience with a non-profit, managing multiple brands and partners a plus.
▪ Experience working with geographically dispersed teams with a high level of commitment and persuasive influence. This is a position serving matrixes of people and partners.
▪ Extremely detail-oriented, highly organized with excellent time management skills. We need someone who is self-directed and able to multi-task.
▪ Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with peers, partners and senior management.
▪ Team player with a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on problem solving.
▪ Must thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment that is growth oriented, fast-paced and serves multiple brands and channels of distribution.
▪ Understanding of Google Analytics, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Suite including Photoshop and InDesign.
▪ Experience with or ability to learn new Content Management Systems (CMS).
▪ Experience in Mailchimp and WordPress is preferred.
▪ 2 years of demonstrated history in a similar role.
▪ Undergraduate degree in Marketing (or applicable degree) required.
▪ Tennis and non-profit background preferred.
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
▪ Must have the ability to continually pass a background check.
▪ Must complete the USTA Safe Sportonline education course. Link provided with offer of employment. Online course takes approximately 60 minutes.
▪ Must annually sign USTA PNW Offer Letter and Employee Handbook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS + WORK ENVIRONMENT
▪ This job operates out of an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
▪ This position will need to work evenings and/or weekends based on event calendar and needs.
▪ The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with reasonable accommodations given.
▪ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; move around; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
▪ This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
▪ The ability to carry out repetitive motions regularly.
▪ The ability to stand/sit for extended lengths of shift at office (typically 6-8 hours).
▪ The USTA PNW will comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all amendments thereto, as well as any similar state laws and regulations. The USTA/PNW will not discriminate on the basis of disability and will not regard any employee as having a disability.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
▪ Compensation commensurate with experience. Bonus eligibility is determined annually.
▪ Salary and paid time off outlined in annually signed Offer Letter.
▪ 401k, benefits, and flex plan eligibility provided when employee continuously maintains employee status type and full-time requirements as outlined in the annually signed Employee Handbook.