QR Code Link to This Post
The Peer Support Specialist (PSS) position will work at a LifeWorks NW's multi-service site in Beaverton, Oregon. This position will work with older adults aged 55+ experiencing severe and persistent mental illnesses. This position is community-based and includes working in homes and support facilities and therefore requires the ability to drive a personal vehicle. The PSS uses evidence-based practices to implement specific goal-setting tasks (training provided).
PURPOSE: Provides additional support for older adult clients (aged 55+) needing assistance to stay in the community and not be hospitalized.
- Must meet the Oregon Administrative Rules definition of a peer: "any individual who has similar life experience, either as a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services, or as a family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services."
- Must hold a Peer Support Specialist certification from a State-approved training program.
- Must be able to provide required letter from the Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) with the Traditional Health Worker Number. If interviewed, must be able to provide a copy of the letter.
- Transporting clients in a personal vehicle is required. Must have access to car, valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage, and ability to meet driving requirements.
- Familiar with developmental needs of adults.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Bilingual fluency (Spanish/English) preferred but not required.
- Training/experience with Intentional Peer Support model preferred
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Click Here to Apply or use the link below