If you're an outstanding accountant, possess full-charge bookkeeping skills, have the ability to take ownership of a project and run with it, and enjoy being part of a cohesive team--this may be the job that you are searching for! If you also have experience in the field of property management, WOW, we want to hear from you!
C&R Real Estate Services Co. is searching for a Property Management Accountant to join our corporate office team. We are seeking a candidate who is capable of taking on more responsibility in the future.
At C&R, we expect the best of ourselves and everyone around us. We believe that working together in an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust enhances our performance as a company. That philosophy has been working for us since 1969!
This position is eligible to participate in our health insurance program the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Our employees receive 7 paid holidays per year, 6 PTO days per year, and ten days paid vacation days and 401k available after a year.
The Property Management Accountant is responsible for full-charge bookkeeping, accounts payable and/or accounts receivable functions, tracking compliance issues, as well as the completion of special projects under the direction of the Executive Vice President (EVP).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete accounting entries through the computerized accounting system in a timely and accurate manner
• Monthly mortgage payments
• Assist with monthly closing process
• Compile monthly financial statements
• Understand bank reconciliations
• Maintain and reconcile the payroll bank account
• Assist with setting up new properties in the accounting system and discontinuations
• Vendor communications
• Capable of supervising the work of others
• Process clerical tasks including filing and word processing
• Develop and maintain files for the department
• Assist A/P with preparation of check payments
• Process incoming mail: opening/stamping/coding
• Assist onsite managers with questions and information
• Assist accounting and other staff as needed
• Other duties as assigned by the EVP
ESSENTIALS JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum high school education or equivalent.
• Two or more years of experience processing accounts receivable, accounts payable and full-charge bookkeeping
• Three or more years of general accounting experience
• Ten-key by touch
• Typing skills of 50 wpm minimum
• Knowledge and understanding of computerized accounting systems.
• Ability to research accounting information through the use of available accounting reports and files.
• Ability to use computerized word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Ability to meet deadlines and plan accordingly.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to perform data input entry for extended periods of time.
• Must be flexible with the ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks in an interruption-prone environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and believe you are qualified, please reply to this ad and attach your resume in PDF format. Please state your desired wage range in your email. Applicants invited for a personal interview will be asked to complete an employment application. If offered the position the candidate will be required to pass a background check that includes criminal history, as well as an Oregon State drug screen.
THE C&R MISSION STATEMENT:
Our goal is to create a place where employees are respected, where customer service is our top priority, where success and results are part of our life, and where people can have fun. Above all, employees can be proud to be working for one of the best real estate service companies in the industry.
C&R Real Estate Services Co. is a privately held third party management and brokerage company based in Portland, Oregon. Established in 1969, we have been providing our clients exceptional services for over four decades. Serving both Oregon and Washington, C&R is an industry leader in delivering superior results for both commercial and residential assets. We believe that our commitment to excellence, flexibility and client servicing, sets us apart from the competition. We have built a solid foundation of knowledge, experience and resources over the course of our history, while always adhering to our core values of honesty and integrity. Our website can be viewed at www.crrealestate.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers