Objective: Through YMCA Christian Principles, Certified Coaches facilitate and work to build skill and confidence for youth enrolled in the Elite Youth Sports programs.
The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Job Responsibilities: YMCA of Columbia Willamette Coaches will start the upcoming Hoop Elite season running Monday-Sunday. The hours could range from 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m during the week and games can run anytime during the weekend. Our coaches can coach multiple teams, camps, coach our Hoop Academy, and run private lessons. We have coaching positions available for grades 3rd - High School boys and girls; yearlong (4 seasons).
• Facilitate practices and games
• Establish good rapport with parents and children.
• Provide safe and clean environment for children
• Supervise children on a regular basis.
• Know emergency procedures at the Beaverton Hoop YMCA and document all accidents and incidents.
• Attend all monthly staff meetings.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Adhere to policies and guidelines for the YMCA, as trained.
• Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
• Commit to establishing long-term work relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with parents, children and staff
• Able to effectively manage high stress situations and creatively problem solve
• Physical ability to lift 40lbs, participate in group activities, and monitor behavior
• Experience working with parents and kids
• Must be First Aid, CPR and AED certified or be willing be obtain certifications within 30 days of hire
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must have excellent oral communication skills
• Must be personable, have good organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
• Must pass a personal background check before employment begins
• Prior college playing experience or coaching preferred