QR Code Link to This Post
The CLM Group, Inc. is currently looking for an experienced, full-time manager for our Customer Support department. We are looking for a professional, personable, and enthusiastic candidate to help guide our outstanding support representatives as they provide excellent customer service to old and new clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position is responsible for a team of seven customer support representatives. A typical workday for this position involves:
• A daily stand-up meeting with the other department heads to discuss status, departmental needs, and expectations.
• Managing the personnel requirements of the Customer Support department, including scheduling and forecasting to meet the seasonal call volume.
• Providing an escalation path for support representatives when necessary.
• Consulting with other departments on an ad hoc basis to provide information about client interactions when needed.
• Engaging with key stakeholders to ensure visibility on projects being carried out by support staff.
• Taking support calls and answering support emails when call volume demands. You will be expected to provide supplemental phone coverage and deliver customer service when it gets busy (yes, of course we will train you).
• Covering last-minute shift changes.
In addition, the Support Manager is responsible for:
• Making sure documentation is current and complete.
• Hiring and onboarding new team members.
• Scheduling trainings and working with our product development team to ensure that our support representatives are up-to-date on new features and changes to the products they support
Educational and Skill Requirements
• We’re looking for someone with 5 or more years of experience managing a small team, within the field of customer service preferred.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred but not required.
• Proficiency with Windows PCs is a must. You won’t be expected to fix them when they break, but you should know your way around setting up and using them.
• We’d prefer a candidate with some IT knowledge, combined with a willingness and capability to learn.
• A high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Excel is required for this position. We are an Office 365 shop.
• Experience administering call tracking/CRM software is highly desirable. Familiarity with SugarCRM is preferred.
• We expect exceptional organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. You should be able to talk to anyone, effectively lay out your ideas, needs, concerns, etc., engage in discussion, and come to a workable solution.
• The ability to troubleshoot problems and deliver solutions over the phone is an absolute requirement. The majority of our support volume is handled via inbound phone calls.
• This position demands a high level of professionalism, confidence, and enthusiasm. You may need to “rally the troops” from time to time.
• You must be self-motivated and have ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively. People will be counting on you.
• You should be able to work on projects independently, as well as delegate when appropriate, and provide leadership when working on group projects with a team.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate their excellent problem-solving ability combined with a passion for outstanding customer service every single day.
• Professional, small business environment
• Monday through Friday schedule
• 401k plan with company match
• 8 paid holidays per year
• 10 days paid vacation after first year of employment
• Company-sponsored health plan
• Flexible spending account
• Tuition reimbursement
The CLM Group is a small, family-owned corporation located on the western edge of Portland, Oregon. We provide software, training, and support to K-12 public, private, and charter schools across the country, assisting them in managing their school lunch program. We have been in business for over 25 years and continue to innovate and develop software to meet the changing needs of our customers.