Generally, the work will be scattered and small tasks. Occasionally tasks that may take a few days to a couple of weeks to complete.
- Communicate over email and phone with clients about their same-day change requests.
- Enter them into our project management tool.
- Complete those tasks or coordinate with relevant staff (such as a graphic designer on staff) to complete them.
- Telecommuting will almost certainly become the norm. Most of our company operates remotely. But for the first 2 months it will likely be in-office every day between 9AM and 5PM (part time can fit anytime within those hours).
- Many of us are gamers and have game consoles and gaming laptops available for occasional use here.
- We are a Teaching Company, so we encourage honesty about your skill-weaknesses and supporting you to learn and improve on them.
- We're generally very laid back about what time you show up to work, as long as it doesn't interfere with clients needs or other staff.
- If you need, we can provide a laptop and external monitor to work from. Razer Blade 2015 or MacBook Air 2015.
Please, do not apply if you don't have the following skills:
- Intermediate or greater expertise in PHP.
- Complete comfort debugging PHP errors.
- Novice or greater experience with Laravel.
- Expert in HTML
- Complete comfort debugging HTML.
- Expert in CSS / SASS / LESS
- Complete comfort debugging CSS and *preferably* SASS / LESS.
- A passion for programming, learning new languages, libraries.
- Complete comfort using SFTP.
- Complete comfort creating servers on Digital Ocean from existing images.
- First hand experience with Git and version control in general. This can be taught, but will be a requirement to learn early on and require commitment to master the basics quickly.