compensation: DOE, $11.74 to $16.70; Plus Excellent Benefits employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you driven to help kids and families succeed? Do you long to be part of a team that is making a difference in your own community? Well, then, come join Oregon Child Development Coalition (OCDC)!
We are a Head Start non-profit comprised of educators, social workers, transportation, facilities, and administrative staff; all at the top of their fields, and all passionate about making a difference in the lives of these children and families.
Come join the OCDC team as an Infant Toddler Teacher. Infant Toddler Teachers ensure, support, and promote each child's safety, health, and development in cooperation with their parents and other early childhood professionals in a manner consistent with the Head Start Performance Standard, and day care licensing regulations.
Year-round position 37-40 hours per week, Plus excellent benefits!
• Developing and implementing comprehensive, individualized educational plans for each child in the class in collaboration with parents, co-workers, and consultants.
• Planning and scheduling home visits and parent/teacher conferences to discuss child progress, provide child development education and to establish ongoing individualized development plans for each child with the child's parents or guardian
• Meeting with appropriate staff, parents, and professionals to share curriculum, progress, and needs; assisting in the planning and conducting of monthly parent training, team building strategies, and ongoing training of assistant teachers and of volunteers to the program.
• Promoting sound nutritional practices
• Riding the bus and assisting in safely transporting children to and from scheduled field trips.
• Planning activities for parents and volunteers within the classroom
• Promoting parents as the primary educators of their children
• Encouraging parents to talk about important family events and sharing information frequently with parents about their child's experience in the center.
• Spanish preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, GED, or Diploma de Educacion Secundaria AND
Infant Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate
AA/AS degree or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE), or equivalent degree and 6 months experience working with infants/toddlers
• Medical, dental, vision, 11 paid holidays, and sick leave
• Vacation (5 weeks by 5 years)
• 401k program which ranks in the top 1% of the nation
• Excellent team environment
For full job details and to apply online please visit our website at www.ocdc.net and click Careers at OCDC under "about us" section.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers