compensation: Negotiable - Varies based upon skills and experiance employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a fast growing IT firm in search of an additional seasoned, motivated IT Specialist to join our team on a long-term basis. Our team of IT administrators work with clients providing services from offset to completely outsourced IT support. Experience working in a fast paced environment, providing remote as well as onsite work, and having the highest level of customer service skills is necessary. Candidates should be highly motivated, and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks as this is a very dynamic environment.
Basic Job skill requirements:
-Ability to support, troubleshoot and build upon existing networks that are largely Windows based.
-Strong Knowledge of Active Directory Domain administration / Windows Server Administration (2008 -2016) and Exchange Servers (2003-2016), including auto-discover, certificate configuration, and mobile device configuration.
-Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking including the configuration of Routers / Firewalls such as Sonicwall, Juniper, and Cisco. Knowledge of switching infrastructure including VLAN configuration.
-Desktop Support Skills including Windows 7-10 (Mac a plus but not required), MS office suites.
-Backup and disaster recovery methods and software such as ShadowProtect, Veeam and other relevant backup / DR software.
-Experience working with and supporting server hardware, such as HP Proliant systems.
-Experience managing virtualized environments such as VMware ESXi and MS Hyper-V.
-Experience with VOIP systems such as Cisco Call Manager, Asterisk, general SIP technology.
- Assist clients both on-site and remotely in a team based environment.
- Keep detailed documentation of Client Networks.
- Serve as escalation point for more difficult issues.
- Assist with hosted infrastructure maintenance including occasional after hours projects.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and customization of MS Office Suite applications per customer's preferences.
- Understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware including video cards, NICs, sound cards, hard drives, and mobile devices / tablets.
- Network Server -Configure file, print and remote access services, group policy configuration.
- Basic administration, including add/remove users and groups, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup.
- administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts, and add aliases
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution
- Takes a personal interest in, and responsibility for, quality of work they perform or are associated with.
- Pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Deal effectively with stressful situations.
- Recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members.
- Understands that the success of individuals is measured by the success of their teams.
- Quickly learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials and intuition.
- Articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people.
Provide support to people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
Enjoys sharing information, supporting others, and working on a team to achieve team goals.
• 5+ years of working in Corporate IT / MSP or an IT consulting firm
• Professional written and verbal communications skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision
• Certifications a plus
• Paid Time Off
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please reply to this ad with a resume and cover letter.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers